Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

    I am on public assistance. How is child support distributed?

    Every month in a child support payment is made; a notice is mailed showing how much money the noncustodial parent paid. Each month, the first $100 of current child support if one child and up to $200 if for 2 or more children is paid to you. The remainder goes to pay the county for benefits you received. If there is any money left over, it is used to pay any past due child support.

    If your office cannot find the noncustodial parent, can I still get public assistance benefits?

    Yes. If you are eligible and cooperate with our office, you can receive benefits while we try to find the noncustodial parent.