Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

    I am a person paying support. If I lose my job, do I still have to pay child support?

    Yes, but you may be entitled to a reduced support order if you lost your job through no fault of your own. Please contact our office as soon as possible to advise us that you lost your job and request a review of your support order.

    I am a person paying support, but my child lives with me now. Can I change the child support order?

    Only the court has the jurisdiction to change your custody and child support order. However, our office can help with your child support order. When there is a change in visitation or custody of the child, please contact our office to request a review of your court order. For assistance with your custody order, please consult your attorney or contact the Riverside Superior Court’s Family Law Assistance Center if you are not represented by an attorney.

    My ex-spouse has remarried and has another family to support. How will this affect the support that my children are due?

    Even though the other person has a second family, it does not mean that his or her responsibility to the first family goes away. However, the amount of the support order can be affected because they the responsibility for supporting another child (ren). You must be notified first and given an opportunity to provide information before your support order can be changed.