Chat with a LIVE Child Support Specialist 

Public Assistance FAQ

Every month in a child support payment is made; a notice is mailed showing how much money the noncustodial parent paid. Each month, the first $50 of current child support is paid to you. The remainder goes to pay the county for benefits you received. If there is any money left over, it is used to pay any past due child support.

Yes. If you are eligible and cooperate with our office, you can receive benefits while we try to find the noncustodial parent.